As most of you know, two tornado's touched down in Murfreesboro yesterday.
I was fortunate (or stupid enough) to be standing outside during the middle of it and got a video and pics. I must admit that at first I was not 100% sure it was a tornado. I just thought the clouds looked really strange so I started taking pics. Then the clouds started to swirl and they got bigger, wider, and closer. I have pics from the start of its formation until it was right behind my neighbors house. Thank God that it went past our street but unfortunately it hit two streets down from us. I have never seen anything quite like it. It was like the black thing (the monster) from Lost coming out of the forest.
I use to make fun of my mom for always calling to warn us about the weather. Needless to say that yesterday I was glad that she did call to warn us. Because 5-10 minutes after she called is when I went outside and saw the tornado. I knew it was bad when I heard continuous sirens headed in our directions. I have never in my life heard so many sirens. It was such an eerie feeling. I felt so helpless. I just wanted to run down the street to make sure everyone was ok. Hannah was fast asleep in her bed so I was stuck. There was no way I was going to get her out in the middle of everything.
I had no tv, radio, or internet. I was disconnected from the world. So I got on the phone and started dialing. Calling all of my girlfriends that live just miles away. Making sure the were all ok. I was so glad to hear their voices on the other line. So after making sure everyone was ok I sat down and took a deep breathe. Then my phone rang. It was my mom calling to tell me that dad's office was on fire. Not that Chad has had a hard enough time this year but now his office was on fire. Once again God place a blanket of protection on my family and no one was hurt. Chad did apparently lose 2 trucks and there was subtantal damage to one of the buildings.
Still out of electricity we decided to pack up and head to Franklin. Once we get to mom and dad's my fears were confirmed. It was as bad as I thought. There were 2 fatalities, (a 25 year old first time mom and her 9 wk old baby) 42 injured, 100 homes demolished and 150 more with minor damage. You never think something like this could ever happen so close to home. I just thank God for his blanket of protection for my family and all my friends.
I know I don't tell you guys this enough, but I love each of you and am so blessed that all of you are in my life!
Here are the pics of the tornado. They are in sequential order. From when it started to form until it is was right behind our neighbors house.
I was fortunate (or stupid enough) to be standing outside during the middle of it and got a video and pics. I must admit that at first I was not 100% sure it was a tornado. I just thought the clouds looked really strange so I started taking pics. Then the clouds started to swirl and they got bigger, wider, and closer. I have pics from the start of its formation until it was right behind my neighbors house. Thank God that it went past our street but unfortunately it hit two streets down from us. I have never seen anything quite like it. It was like the black thing (the monster) from Lost coming out of the forest.
I use to make fun of my mom for always calling to warn us about the weather. Needless to say that yesterday I was glad that she did call to warn us. Because 5-10 minutes after she called is when I went outside and saw the tornado. I knew it was bad when I heard continuous sirens headed in our directions. I have never in my life heard so many sirens. It was such an eerie feeling. I felt so helpless. I just wanted to run down the street to make sure everyone was ok. Hannah was fast asleep in her bed so I was stuck. There was no way I was going to get her out in the middle of everything.
I had no tv, radio, or internet. I was disconnected from the world. So I got on the phone and started dialing. Calling all of my girlfriends that live just miles away. Making sure the were all ok. I was so glad to hear their voices on the other line. So after making sure everyone was ok I sat down and took a deep breathe. Then my phone rang. It was my mom calling to tell me that dad's office was on fire. Not that Chad has had a hard enough time this year but now his office was on fire. Once again God place a blanket of protection on my family and no one was hurt. Chad did apparently lose 2 trucks and there was subtantal damage to one of the buildings.
Still out of electricity we decided to pack up and head to Franklin. Once we get to mom and dad's my fears were confirmed. It was as bad as I thought. There were 2 fatalities, (a 25 year old first time mom and her 9 wk old baby) 42 injured, 100 homes demolished and 150 more with minor damage. You never think something like this could ever happen so close to home. I just thank God for his blanket of protection for my family and all my friends.
I know I don't tell you guys this enough, but I love each of you and am so blessed that all of you are in my life!
Here are the pics of the tornado. They are in sequential order. From when it started to form until it is was right behind our neighbors house.



No comments:
Post a Comment